Friday, June 2, 2017

The Grooviest Covers of All Time: That Groovy Wonder Woman!

Dig it, Groove-ophiles! While Lynda Carter may always hold the hearts of those of us who grew up in the Groovy Age, Gal Gadot is donning the tiara of Wonder Woman today on the big screen! Ol' Groove has heard good things about this new version of WW, and as always, I'm going in with an open mind and hopes for a great flick! While we wait for the projector to start (yeah, I know, that's not how it's done these days, but Ol' Groove IS stuck in the Groovy Age, y'know), let's travel through the Groovy Age to plant our peepers on some of Ol' Groove's favorite Wonder Woman covers. Covers with art by giants like Mike Sekowsky, Dick Giordano, Jeff Jones, Ross Andru, Rich Buckler, Mike Grell,,  Jose Delbo, and more!












3 comments:

  1. It surprises me to see Jones do superhero work rather than sci fi & horror. Was there more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also did the Cover to WW # 200, but as a line drawing.

      Delete
  2. You know, I had actually not planned to cover Wonder Woman in the Bronze at all in my little journey, but those BEAUTIFUL Bronze Age covers following her return to costume made me want to read her book as I looked ahead at the years to come. Now, I find myself actually excited to get to them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!