Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Black and White Wednesday: "Introducing Brother Voodoo!" by Tony Isabella

Who is Brother Voodoo? Where did he come from? No, I don't mean in the comicbook uinverse, Groove-ophile--I'm talkin' 'bout the real world! Who came up with the name? The premise? The costume? Well, way back in Tales of the Zombie #2 (July 1973), Tony "the Tiger" Isabella gave us the lowdown on how the Marvel Bullpen developed one of the most maligned and misunderstood characters in Marvel history--and Ol' Groove's got that awesome article for ya right now!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Groovy One!
    I've completely forgotten this article. I used to buy almost every Marvel b & w. As well as every monster/supernatural hero they'd throw at us! Which I tell you was getting harder to do at 75 cents a crack. Plus the multiple titles. Being a very young teen age 12- 15 at that time. The only mag stores refused to sell me were Savage Sword of Conan & various covers with semi-nude woman on them. GGGrrrrr!!! Damn adults!

    I loved Brother Voo Doo as funky as he was. I think Son of Satan was the only character I never got into. Gene Colan's pencils as always were great. Moody,creepy & gritty! Colan & Ploog really knew how to creep us out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Gene Colan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!