Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Decent Comics: "The Sunset Doom of Dhylka-Ryn" by Michelinie and Chan

Hey, hey, hey, Groove-ophiles! It's time for another Claw the Unconquered saga, this one from ish #6 (December 1975)! As usual, "The Sunset Doom of Dhylka-Ryn" by series creators David Michelinie and Ernie Chan (then using his "Chua" nom de plume) is very, very much like an issue of Marvel's Conan the Barbarian--until you get to pages 14 and 15. It's then you'll see that Michelinie and Chan were definitely getting into their own groove on Claw...



















2 comments:

  1. I kinda regret we didn't have these Conan rip offs back in the days.
    The Claw looks actually much more than a decent comic to me.
    I bet there are oncoming revelations about the true nature of the Horned One, whom I believe is now playing a little under-the-radar... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be glad when Claw is finshed. I'm enjoying this about as much as your run of Omega the Unknown. At least the Giffen issues to come are pretty good and something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!