Friday, March 9, 2018

Topps and Marvel Stick(er) Together: The 1975/76 Marvel Super Hero Sticker Sets Part 2

Better late than never, Groove-ophiles! Way back in September '08, we rapped (wrapped?) about the way too corny and cool Marvel/Topps bubblegum/sticker sets. Well, finally, here is Ol' Groove sharing the second set of those sensational and superheroic stickers--along with the puzzle that went with the first set (since Ol' Groove shared the second puzzle with the first set). So, 1976 stickers and the 1975 puzzle--and if you're still puzzled, read all about the Marvel/Topps sticker sets here. Or better yet, just drool over the art and giggle over the cornball comedy that caused us Groovy Age kids to toss our dimes at the check-out ladies!





8 comments:

  1. O.k., that one with Cap having to stand that way so his pants won't fall down is actually pretty funny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 6 in 76, so I just called the Human Torch 'Fire Man.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really takes me back, amazing that the red skull is sporting a swastika. that would never fly today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember these! I had them stuck all over the door to my room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you all know what to get me for Christmas this year!

    M.P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stickers plastered the inside of the closet door in my bedroom way back when.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post ! This brings back good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another thing I missed out on because I would only buy super hero comics.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!