Thursday, March 1, 2012

Makin' Chaykin: "All in Color for a Crime!" by O'Neil and Chaykin

What it is, Groove-ophiles! A short while back Ol' Groove rapped about Howard Chaykin's Dominic Fortune and promised you more of our favorite "Brigand for Hire", remember? Well, here's where I keeps me promises! Today's Dominic Fortune masterpiece, "All in Color for a Crime!" was the first in a series of Fortune back-ups for Marvel's full-color The Hulk! magazine. Denny O'Neil wrote the series while Chaykin provided the full art--including painting said art for the special full-process coloring Marvel used on The Hulk! mag. Dominic Fortune, Brigand for Hire ran through ish #25 of The Hulk!, keeping it's full-color glory even while the lead Hulk features went black and white in issues 24-25. Are you ready for some high-quality comicbook fun, Groove-ophiles? Then here ya go!!














And just for fun, here's the erudite editorial discussing Dom's dazzling debut!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Dominic Fortune -- and read the Hulk just to get it. (Though, I must admit, that the Rampaging Hulk was a terrific magazine....) Many thanks for this -- I remember reading it in my basement!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!