Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Avengers 2 Week! Black and White Wednesday: "Vision, This Is Your Life!" and more by Klorese, Kraft, and friends


One of Teen Groove's all-time fave issues of FOOM Magazine was ish #12's spotlight on The Vision and Scarlet Witch. Yeah, Marvel's oddest Odd Couple was that popular back in the mid-70s. Roger Klorese, David Anthony Kraft, and others filled FOOM #12 with suh-weet historical articles plus interviews by the main Groovy Age Avengers writers Roy Thomas and Steve Englehart. Filled with art by many of Marvel's Finest, these articles captured all that was great about our Android Avenger and his Mutant Mrs. Dig it, Groove-ophiles!
















3 comments:

  1. I always regret never having read any FOOM; it's the kind of stuff I would have eaten up back then.
    The Visage strip is also really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buddy subscribed to FOOM. I "borrowed" his copies... still have a bunch in a box. Should I return them, after 40 years??? I mean, it's not like I lost sleep over it, since he "borrowed" my Iron Man issues like 47, 48, 49... Dear Groove - thanks for reminding me of this. Now I am mad as heck at my former buddy again. Geeze. And I thought it was going to be a smooth Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I'm more interested in seeing the Vision rather than Ultron in the Avengers movie!

    - Mike from Trinidad & Tobago.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!