Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Avengers 2 Week! The Grooviest Covers of All Time: Your Young Men Shall See Visions (...and Scarlet Witches and Quicksilvers)



We're back with day to of Avengers 2 Week, Groove-ophiles! The thing that has Ol' Groove most excited about the new Avengers flick is the fact that Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver are being introduced into the cinematic Avengers Universe! As I've said before, they were "my" Avengers (along with Black Panther and Hawkeye in his Goliath phase) when I got hooked on Marvel. I literally dreamed of the day when I could see these heroes on the big screen. Yeah, Ol' Groove is pretty giddy. Speaking of pretty, dig these commanding covers from the Groovy Age of Avengers featuring Vizh, Wanda, and Pietro (not to mention the greatest Marvel artists of all time)!





















2 comments:

  1. Dudes... that must be Kirby drawing 154? How many Avengers covers did The King do? Is 154 relatively rare? Did he also have a hand in 158? Sometimes Rich Buckler's are could mirror Kirby fairly well... (Hey Groove due - how about a comparison of artists who mimicked other artists??? And when can you post some green Captain Marvel's by Colan, Heck, et al? I'll mail you my no prize I got in 69!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comic book version of the Scarlet Witch is superior because she is attractive and, you know, has eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!