Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Team-Up: Superman and Supergirl in "The Feud of the Titans!" by Browne, Swan, and Anderson


Welcome back to Groove City, baby! Here's a Tuesday Team-Up featuring our favorite Kryptonian cousins Superman and Supergirl in a "Tale of the Fortress" (of Solitude) featurette by "Geoff Browne" (aka Leo Dorfman) and the super-art team-supreme Curt Swan and Murphy Anderson. It's a fun and far-out tale that features a tiff between Kal and Kara that winds up in a fight filled with super-spite with a bit of Kryptonian lore thrown in for good measure. Bet you're gonna dig..."The Feud of the Titans!" from Action Comics #402 (May 1971).

7 comments:

  1. It's one of the very first super-hero comics I ever read. And I do like Supergirl's boots in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh !! I love Kara's outfit here, very sexy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW-"Geoff Browne" is a pseudonym for the prolific Superman scripter Leo Dorfman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doh! I can't believe I left that tidbit out, Steve! I'll amend the post and fix that dumb oversight o'mine.

    And guys, re: Kara's threads--what can I say but "Right on!"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara's costume? Busy, busy, busy. Did she go to her wardrobe and think "Gloves, boots, skirt ... ? I dunno I'll wear 'em all!"

    Thigh length boots are good with pants not a skirt, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I could sure use the cheerin' up that only the Son of Jor-El can provide. Your post did the trick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun story! This was one of my first ever comics, too. It had that great Neal Adams cover showing Superman being burnt at the stake: "My powers are gone! Why?"

    ( Relax kids, Supes made it out all right. )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!