Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Countdown to Halloween 2010! Black and White Wednesday: "Revenge of the Unliving" by Fox and Bernet


Salutations, my supernatural stalwarts! Today's fans know the legendary Jordi Bernet as the go-to artist on DC's incredible Jonah Hex mag. Thing is, Jordi's a master of most every genre, a multi-award-winning artist both in his native Europe and the U.S. Now, Ol' Groove's not sure, but I think this Gardner Fox-authored fear-fest from Marvel's Vampire Tales #1 (May 1973) just might be Jordi's U.S. debut. I can't find anything to back this up, but I can't find anything to disprove it (yet), either. Any Bernet experts out there who can help Ol' Groove out? Inquiring minds want to know! Meantime, dig this masterpiece of mood--" Revenge of the Unliving!"

1 comment:

  1. I've never read that story before! Robbins was a true master of the brush.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!