Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Countdown to Halloween! Shades of Gray: Essays Into the Supernatural

Check these out, Groove-ophiles! From Archie/Red Circle's Red Circle Sorcery series, here are several of Gray Morrow's Essays into the Supernatural written by Phil Seuling and Marv Channing. These fillers ran in most every issue of Sorcery and fed the nigh-ravenous hunger for the macabre pop culture was feeling at the time. I dare ya not to shiver at least a little bit as you read these imperishable passages!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these Red Circle gems, Groove. I could never find enough of these on the spinners growing up! As much as I loved the superheroes - I also loved my "scary comics" as we called them in my neighborhood!!
    Gray Morrow was a true master. I recall he also worked on the Spidey cartoon (original).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!