Tuesday, February 3, 2015

(P)Raising Kane: "Vengeance of the Molecule Man!" by Gerber, Kane, and Sinnott

Check it out, Groove-ophiles! When the ever-lovin'-blue-eyed Thing's team-up mag moved from Marvel Feature to the long-running Marvel Two-In-One, editor Roy Thomas turned writer Steve Gerber, penciler Gil Kane, and inker Joe Sinnott loose on the first fab ish! How fab was it? Well, Benjamin J. Grimm sorta/kinda teamed up with the lumbering Man-Thing to battle the cosmically powered Molecule Man! Sound fab to you? From October 1973, here comes the..."Vengeance of the Molecule Man!"
Cover art by Gil Kane and John Romita, Sr.




















2 comments:

  1. Love this vintage find! I love the part about "molecular madness." So fun how comic books are the same throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a dang cool bronze-age comic. My local comic shop has this up on the wall on display,( a great little comic shop in Sioux Falls, S.D. I'd give 'em a plug but I'm not sure what their name is currently) along with a lot of other classic old comics, and man would I like to get my sweaty little hands on that, but I don't have seventy bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Still, this is the next best thing.
    The Man Thing and Molecule man have a little bit of history, don't they? These macabre menaces would meet later in an Iron Man Annual. now that comic, I do own!
    Great post, Groove. mp

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!