Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tuesday Two-fer: "Time-Warp" by Barr, Barretto, and Adkins and "Plague" by Kashdan, Newton, and Mitchell

Gobble, gobble, Groove-ophiles! Let's talk turkey: Time Warp was a pretty cool sci fi comic! Too bad it was so short-lived. Just take, for example, November 1979's Time Warp #3! Under it's way-too-pulpy-cool Mike Kaluta cover there are a ton of cool stories--including the twisted tale that lead off the ish, "Time Warp" (What an appropriate title!) by Mike W. Barr, Ed Barretto, and Dan Adkins...









Then, there's the issue's final sci-fi shocker by George Kashdan, Don Newton, and Steve Mitchell, "Plague"!








And if you're in the mood for more Time Warp wonderment, just click the Time Warp link over there in the Stream of Comicbook Consciousness section! Time Warp! It's not just a campy dance number any more!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I wished I had been a regular reader of this. As it stands, I think I only had one issue of this (or maybe it was just a borrowed copy?) - guess it was too far out of my super-hero comfort zone at about the age of 10-11 when the series was coming out. Even as a kid, though, I admired those covers by Kaluta.
    Anyway, thanks for posting this - several of my favorite creators are here: Barr, Barretto and Newton (and it really sucks that the latter two are deceased...)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!