Monday, April 9, 2012

The Boys from Derby: "Moonless Night/Intelligent Species" by Cuti and Staton

Hey, Groove-ophiles! As many times as we've grooved to the greatness of Charlton's adaptations of the cult-fave TV show SPACE: 1999, we've never glommed the fabulous first ish of the color mag (August 1975)! It was only natural that the powers-that-were at Charlton handed that dyn-o-mite debut over to the titanic talents of Nick Cuti and Joe Staton. Just as it was only natural that our Boys from Derby could create a scintillating sci-fi mini-epic like..."Moonless Night/Intelligent Species"!






















2 comments:

  1. Space-1999...I remember when this series first aired on TV, we thought this would be the second coming of Star Trek.my friends & I were anxious for any original sci-fi show.The comic was an added treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last page of 'Intelligent Species' is missing. It's got a big reveal/'gotcha!' moment at the end. (Either that or I'm hallucinating. I'll have to dig out my old copy of this issue...)
    CR

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!