Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Decent Comics: "The Trail of the Ring" by Skeates and Aparo

Dig it, Groove-ophiles! Here's the second classic SAG (Steve Skeates/Jim Aparo/Dick Giordano) Aquaman story--"The Trail of the Ring" from Aquaman #41 (July 1968). The memories of these Aquaman stories are special to Ol' Groove, as they were instrumental in helping me transition from cartoons to comicbooks. No, I couldn't read 'em yet (I was about a month shy of being five), but Mom or Dad would read them to me and I really, really dug Jim Aparo's art. (Still do!) Does this take you back...?






















Oh, and don't ever think Sir Steve has lost his knack for writing underwater super-heroes! Keep your eyes peeled for this magnificent mag, headed your way in early 2018...

3 comments:

  1. My brother and I collected Aquaman for a short time,Guess we got tried of him.We were about 8 years old. Those were the first few issues of his own title, wish I had then today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only someone had paired the Sea King with one of those Sea Monkeys! He could use a partner on this trip.(sorry, Aqualad!) Thanks Groove!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!