Thursday, March 18, 2010

Surprising Comics Theater #1: A Presumptuous Plug

I hope you'll forgive Ol' Groove for a brazen bit of self-promotion, but I'd be kinda crazy not to plug Surprising Comics' Surprising Comics Theater #1! Why? 'Cause yers trooly has a five page featurette in that fabulous first ish, that's why! I've written a special five page story starring my patriotic hero, Sgt. Freedom and the fantastic Randy Valiente has provided the awesome art. SCT #1 also features Surprising publisher Mark Davis' Skyscraper (also illustrated by Valiente), John Michael Helmer's The Leaf, illustrated by Brad Eastburn, a pin-up by Ron Lim, and a suh-wheet cover by Stuart Berryhill. It's a nifty package of solid, fun, old school comics--if I do have'ta say so myself. If you'd like to glom on to a copy, visit the Surprising website and order one (or 2...or 12!)--and make sure to tell 'em Ol' Groove sent ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Groovster!
    Congrads! Awesome! I hope it sells really well for you! I'll try to order a copy or two! I just bought that Man-God promo piece by Dan Adkins. So I can't order right now. I got a great idea/suggestion for a name for you to use.

    Speaking of next April I'm doing a article on Man-God for Back Issue magazine! My third piece for that great mag!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!