Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Boys from Derby: "Hidden Paradise" by Gill and Nieto

Hey, hey, hey, Groove-ophiles! For a long time Ol' Groove has intended to showcase some of the far-out art of Argentinean comix artist Enrique Nieto (aka F. Nieto, Fred Nieto, and Joe Nito). Nieto's art is an acquired taste, to be sure, but once you get into it--wow! Nieto's art just screams "1970s" at Ol' Groove 'cause I' don't think I've seen a style like his before or since that dazzling decade! If you like Enrique's work, there's plenty more where this came from, so just ask! Meantime, let's truck on down to "Hidden Paradise" from Monster Hunters #4 (November 1976), written by Joe Gill!
Dig that Tom Sutton cover!









2 comments:

  1. The strong lines of this artist remind me somewhat of another artist: Fred Carrillo. I remember Carrillo from some horror stories in DC Comics in the late 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool. i'm happy someone somewhere out there still remembers my grandpa's works :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!